The most valuable component of our Society is our members. The combined experience and research expertise of our members means that the assistance is available to all members help solve research problems.
Membership is open to all those interested in family history and we welcome members from around Australia.
Our Membership Fees for the 2019-2020 Membership year are
- $20 for individuals
- $30 for families
Family Membership covers all family members who reside at the same address and entitles each household to one copy of each Journal and Newsletter.
The membership year runs from July 1st to June 30th of the following year. New memberships after April 1st will include the following years membership.
The Society accepts new members at any time but all memberships expire at the end on June 30th with the exception of new members who joined after April 1st.
The advantages of membership.
- All members are welcomed to undertake research in the Family History Research Room at the H. J. Daley Library.
- Our monthly newsletter, The Ghost, (published every month except January) keeps members in touch with events, new library resource acquisitions and other news. These newsletters are made available at the monthly meetings, or can emailed to members if required.
- The Society's journal 'Ghostbuster' is published 3 times a year and is available for collection by members at CDFHS meetings, or posted out where not collected. It can be emailed as a PDF on request.
- Members can register their research interests on the members only 'Member's Interests' webpage. This page is available for viewing by the general public and lists the research families, locations or interests of our members and ensures that other members and visitors to the CDFHS website are aware of who is researching what.
- Access to the members only area of the Society's website.
- Society members are eligible to borrow books, publications, and electronic media from our extensive research library.
All new members must complete an Membership Form before membership is accepted. These can be obtained by clicking on the button below. On completion, forward by either post or email to our Secretary at the address found at the bottom of the form.
Online payment for membership can be made through our web shop by selecting the appropriate link below.